Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we recommended.
When was the last time you had that lightbulb moment? When you learned something so profound that you never knew before that moment and it changed your life forever? What if I told you that lightbulb moment does not have to occur every ten years, or every three years, or even annually. That moment can occur daily if you are intentional about growth and development.
Reading is the best way to gain knowledge, reading in the self-help category will ensure that you are consistently getting loaded with pertinent information that will change the trajectory of your life in the most meaningful way.
Here are my top ten recommended books that will change your mindset and your life. I suggest that you get into the habit of reading every day to gain the most out of this journey. Reading daily improves your IQ, decreases your stress, and you will learn and gain insight at an accelerated level.
Here are my Top 10 lightbulb moment books that will change your life.
- Limitless : Upgrade Your Brain, Learn Anything Faster, and Unlock Your Exceptional Life by Jim Kwik is a New York Times bestseller and #1 Wall Street Journal bestseller. This book is written by the #1 brain coach and is a guide that focuses on the 3 M’s; flipping your mindset, igniting your motivation, and mastering the method to ensure your powers become limitless.
- 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene is a multi-million-copy New York Times bestseller that teaches you the Rules of Power based on the stories, lessons, and philosophies of many figures throughout the ages. Whether you are actively “playing the game” or intentionally not “playing the game”, the game is still being played and there are rules. This book will education you on the rules, teach you how to defend yourself or conquest power.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie is a leader’s dream book and many leaders have excelled in their professional and personal life after reading it. This book is all about dealing with people and ultimately gives you a play by play on how to make people like you, win arguments while avoiding conflict, and changing people without offending them.
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves is one of my favorite subjects. EQ is one of the most effective tools and critical skillsets to enhance every part of your life. If you have not mastered emotional intelligence you are behind the curve. This book teaches you the four core EQ skills that enable you to achieve your fullest potential.
5. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill is The Landmark Bestseller. This book explores the authors 13 principles of success: Desire, Faith, Auto-suggestion, Specialized Knowledge, Imagination, Organized Planning, Decision, Persistence, the Power of the Master Mind, the Mystery of Transmutation, the Subconscious Mind, the Brain, and the Sixth Sense.
6. 7 habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey is a Wall Street Journal Best Seller. This book helps you transform your life by adopting 7 habits and critical lessons of successful people that will add enrichment to you.
7. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson is probably one of my all-time favorites on the list. This #1 New York Times Bestseller teaches you how to handle things that may not go your way and be honest about the situation. Overall, it helps you prioritize what to give a f*ck about.
8. The 5 am Club by Robin Sharma is a #1 international bestseller. This book shows you how just one hour a day can change your life helping you maximize on productivity. You will receive formulas and step-by-step guidance that will transform your life.
9. The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene. We all know that networking is a huge part of success and sometimes you must pull out that charm to accomplish a goal. This book will show you charm, persuasion, the ability to create illusions.
10. Freedom from an Illusion of Freedom by Patrick Lemon. This book is about the illusion of fear and how to utilize self-awareness to overcome it. It offers internal psychology, optimistic/positive psychology, reflective psychology, self-improvement psychology as a guide with many self-help quotes to motivate you.